SCONES & CHIA JAM
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 15-20 minutes
300 g Self-Raising Gluten-Free Flour
40 g Natvia Natural Sweetener
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
50 g Margarine
150 mls Milk of Choice
1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
50 g Freeze-Dried Purple Berries
FOR THE CHIA BERRY JAM:
100 g Mixed Frozen Berries
3 tablespoon Natvia Natural Sweetener
3 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Place the flour and baking powder in a bowl and add a pinch of salt. Rub the margarine into it with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Make a well then add the Natvia and berries. Gently heat the milk then stir in the lemon juice and vanilla. Pour this into the bowl gradually and bring together to form a dough.
- Lightly dust the surface with flour and knead the dough. Roll out to about 4cm thick and cut out 8 scones using a 6cm cutter.
- Place on the baking sheet, brush each one with extra milk and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile make the jam: Place the berries and Natvia in a pan with a dash of water. Simmer for 5 minutes to soften then remove, mash up and stir in the chia seeds. Set aside for 10 minutes to thicken then keep in the fridge until needed.
- Serve warm with chia jam and some dairy-free soft cheese!
|Carbs||Pro||Fats||Energy KJ||Calories||Serving size|