Vegan Orange Poppy Seed Cake
Ingredients2 tbsp Flax Seed Meal 6 tbsp non dairy milk (probably bit extra at your own discretion) 1 cup Almond Flour 1/3 Cup Natvia 1/4 Cup Arrowroot Starch 1 tsp Baking Powder 1/4 tsp Baking Soda 3 tbsp Poppy Seeds Pinch Salt 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil Zest 1 Orange Juice 1 Orange 1/4 tsp Almond Extract 1 tsp Vanilla Extract Frosting: 100g Vegan Butter 1 Cup Natvia Zest half an orange
- Add 2 tbsp flax seed meal to a mixing bowl.
- Pour 6 tbsp non dairy milk (almond milk preferably) into the flax seed mix and whisk together with a fork. Set aside.
- In another new and dry mixing bowl, add 1 cup almond flour, 1/3 cup Natvia, 1/4 cup arrowroot starch, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/4 baking soda, 3 tbsp poppy seeds, and a pinch of salt.
- Stir the dry mixture and set aside.
- In the first bowl with flax seed, add 1/4 cup melted coconut oil and whisk the mixture.
- Zest 1 orange into the same bowl, and juice 1 orange and add the juice to the same bowl.
- Add 1/4 tsp Almond Extract, and 1 tsp Vanilla Extract and continue to whisk the mixture.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and continue to stir together.
- Once evenly mixed, spread the cake mix into a lined baking tray and bake for 30 mins at 175°C.
- Cream 100g Vegan Butter.
- Add 1 cup Natvia and continue to cream.
- Zest half an orange into the mix and stir until combined.
- Spread frosting over cake after out of the oven!